A challenge is a set of maps that usually must be completed under special conditions. The player is awarded Challenge Points upon completion or progress through a challenge. Common special conditions include Limited Lives and No Checkpoints.
Main Article: Command List#Challenge
Challenges can be join, quit and interacted with /challenge (/ch).
Currently 25 Standard Challenges exist, and an additional 4 Special Challenges.
Special Challenges feature unique mechanics, sometimes with specific entry criteria. They are generally contain lots of maps, and can be very difficult.
The Daily Challenge (also referred to as the daily) is a challenge that contains a randomly generated list of two to five maps. The maps can be of any difficulty, and the sum of their point rewards is the reward for beating that daily in C-Points. The daily changes at 00:00 Eastern Time.
Maps that appear in the daily can not appear in the next six dailies.
The Weekly Challenge (also referred to as the weekly) is a challenge that contains a randomly generated list of eight to fifteen maps. The maps can be of any difficulty. When the weekly changes, any player who has completed it will receive C-Points equal to the point rewards of the maps it contained, as well receiving mail from the console. Any player that completes the weekly challenge the fastest will gain access to The Path of Heroes challenge for the following week.
Like the Daily Challenge, maps that appear in the weekly can not appear in the next six weeklies.
The Hexa Challenge (also referred to as hexa) was first special challenge added, with the 6th anniversary update. The challenge contains every accessible map on the server, sorted by point rewards then alphabetically. A list of all the maps in the Hexa Challenge can be found here. The player must complete every map without dying more than 66 times. For this reason, the Hexa Challenge is regarded as basically impossible, especially when certain maps (like Departure) force the player to die in order to make progress. The challenge awards 666 C-Points.
The Path of Heroes
The Path of Heroes is a very difficult challenge added along with the Weekly Challenge in the 7th Anniversary update. It consists of 158 hand picked maps and was designed to be difficult, but not impossible (unlike the Hexa Challenge). Not many details are known about the challenge, as players who enter the challenge are encouraged to keep it a secret. The Path of Heroes is the only challenge with entry requirements. In order to enter, the player must have completed the previous Weekly Challenge the fastest. They have until the end of the week to join the challenge, however, players are not kicked from the challenge should they not complete it within a week of them gaining access to the challenge.
- rebplane is the user with the furthest distance in the Hexa Challenge, who reached Miner's Millions. She is also the only user to reach the red maps in the challenge.
- The first ever Daily Challenge included an uncompleted map called The Labs (by Zatharel and minty1111) due to a bug. The map has since been abandoned.
- The first weekly only lasted for 24 hours, since the update was launched with only 24 hours remaining.
- The Path of Heroes was impossible for non-ops, since a region excluding all players was added and forgotten about until discovered by TheHexer.
- Recently published maps are only included in the Hexa Challenge when the server restarts.
- Before the 7th anniversary update, typing .ch info hexa or .ch info heroic into the Minr Discord would cause the Minrbot to list all 100+ maps in the challenges. This would almost render the bot inoperable, as Discord limits the rate at which bots can send messages. The addition of pages to challenge information resolved the issue.
- The Hexa Challenge briefly had an entry requirement of 7,000 C-Points, when an exploit that skipped over 150 stages was discovered.