A challenge is a set of maps that usually must be completed under special conditions. The player is awarded Challenge Points upon completion or progress through a challenge. Common special conditions include Limited Lives and No Checkpoints.
Main Article: Challenge Command List
Challenges can be joined, quit and interacted with using /challenge (/ch).
There are currently 18 Standard Challenges, 39 Challenge Packs, and an additional 4 Special Challenges.
Modifiers are special conditions or restrictions placed on certain challenges. Modifiers tend to increase the difficulty of a challenge, and as such often increase the C-Points reward offered for completing the challenge. Current modifiers include:
- No Checkpoints: The player is unable to set checkpoints between maps.
- No Sprint: The player isn't able to access the sprint function.
- Limited Lives: The player has a certain stock of lives to complete the challenge with. Running out of lives fails the challenge.
- No Food: The player is unable to acquire any food from anything, so running out of sprint is a major threat.
- Soul Link: The player a partner have a “soul link” using /marry and must click both checkpoints and end signs together to finish. If the player dies, the partner dies as well, and vice versa.
|Backseat Gaming||Chess Game, Pixel Parkour, Nightmare Button||Soul Link||50 C-Points||backseat|
|Burning Desire||Trek, The Great Cake, Trial of the Beast||Soul Link||100 C-Points||burning|
|Crippled Classics||Old Level 2, Sky Parkour, Mob Parkour, Tower Parkour, Mineco||No Sprint||100 C-Points||crippledclassics|
|Deep Space Dive||Space Jump, Space Mission, Satellite, Planets||Lives: 10||75 C-Points||space|
|Fleeting Marriage||RUSH, Brothers' Therapy, The Bad Ending, Memories Stage 1||Soul Link||40 C-Points||fleeting|
|Honeymoon||Birds of Paradise, Minr Airlines, P.I.T.M.O.N., The Big Egyptian||Soul Link||70 C-Points||honeymoon|
|Icebreaker||Kakashi, Heist, Demon||Soul Link||30 C-Points||icebreaker|
|Linked Souls||Hel, Hell Parkour||Lives: 1, Soul Link||70 C-Points||linked|
|Luwevol||Wool Endless||Soul Link||125 C-Points||luwevol|
|Outlandish Love||Sra, Outpost, Agni||Soul Link||150 C-Points||outlandish|
|Sweet Starvation||Cake Quake||No Food||60 C-Points||sweet|
|Sweetheart||Candyland, Shiny Red Apples, Valentine||Soul Link||50 C-Points||sweethear|
|The Amazing Race||The Great Race I, The Great Race II, The Great Race III||No Checkpoints||75 C-Points||tar|
|The A-Team||Agni, Aqueous, Aquarium, Atari, Apoco, Asylum, A Whittle Story, ANHUR, A Dwarven Playground, Athenai, Amalgam||Lives: 4||200 C-Points||ateam|
|Two-Tower Treachery||Tower Prowl, Tower Parkour||No Sprint||50 C-Points||towers|
|Walking Wanderers||Telepads, Tower Prowl, Torsion, Snowstorm, Shri Tra Savern||No Sprint||125 C-Points||wanderer|
|Welcome to Hell||Planets, Cake Quake, Aqueous||No Checkpoints||200 C-Points||hell|
|Wool Ascending||Wool Endless||No Checkpoints||175 C-Points||ascending|
Special Challenges feature unique mechanics, sometimes with specific entry criteria. These generally contain a large number of maps, and can be very difficult.
The Daily Challenge (also referred to as the daily) is a challenge that contains a randomly generated list of two to five maps. The maps can be of any difficulty, and the sum of their point rewards is the reward for beating that daily in C-Points. The daily changes at 00:00 Eastern Time.
Maps that appear in the daily can not appear in the next six dailies.
The Weekly Challenge (also referred to as the weekly) is a challenge that contains a randomly generated list of eight to fifteen maps. The maps can be of any difficulty. Upon completion of the challenge, the player will receive C-Points equal to the sum of the map's points, and at the end of the week will receive bonus points from console based on performance in the previous weekly. The player who completed the previous weekly the fastest will gain access to The Path of Heroes challenge the following week.
Like the Daily Challenge, maps that appear in the weekly can not appear in the next six weeklies.
Originally added with the 6th anniversary update, the Hexa Challenge (also referred to as hexa) was the first special challenge added to Minr. The challenge contains every accessible map on the server, sorted by point rewards then alphabetically. A list of all the maps in the Hexa Challenge can be found here. The player must complete every map without dying more than 66 times. For this reason, the Hexa Challenge is viewed as nearly impossible, especially when certain maps (like Departure) force the player to die in order to make progress. The challenge awards 6666 C-Points.
The Path of Heroes
The Path of Heroes is a very difficult challenge added along with the Weekly Challenge in the 7th Anniversary update. It consists of 158 hand picked maps and was designed to be difficult, but not impossible (unlike the Hexa Challenge). Upon completion, players are awarded 500 C-Points and the blue title 'Hero'. Not many details are known about the challenge, as players who enter the challenge are encouraged to keep it a secret. The Path of Heroes is the only challenge with entry requirements. In order to enter, the player must have completed the previous Weekly Challenge the fastest. They have until the end of the week to join the challenge, however, players are not kicked from the challenge should they not complete it within a week of them gaining access to the challenge. The maps it includes are:
Mineco, 9-Ball, Tower Parkour, P.I.T.M.O.N., Apoco, Shroomville, Minecorp, My 1st Survival, Iron Door, Leaf Maze, Chaos, The Congo, Humongous Fungus, The Bad Ending, Fusion Parkour, Memories Stage 1, Divergence, The Descent, Gebul, Eternity, Rock Sport, Pixel Parkour, Shri Tra Savern, Asylum, Troll Kingdom, Xmas Parkour, The Coke Can, Creeper Temple, Four Seasons, Mint's Trials, Wretched Earth, Pirate Cave, Ghidora Manor, CodSimulator20XX, Spectrum, 3D Maze, A Whittle Story, Prismarine Green, JP's Pyramids, Festival, Space Mission, End of World, Paradox, Skytop Labyrinth, Winter Tide, Mr_D's Maze, Collaberative, Queen's Nest, Dusty Dunes, Storm, The Portal, Snow Fort, Detention, Blitz, Monkey Trumpets, Voodoo, Valentine, Agni, Demon, New Year's Eve, RUSH, Monster Mash, Aqueous, Pocketz Stadium, Village, Chess Game, Breaking Free, Sra, Block Party, Tulip Among Tulip, Candyland, Nightmare Button, Simon's Funhouse, Minas Tirith, Tetris Parkour, Minr Airlines, Soar's Doormaze, Mirrored, Planets, Janus Labs, Winter Fun, Tarzan, Aquarium, Wool Town, Demonic, Giant Minecraft, Frosty City, The Great Race I, Trek, Retro Runner Mario, Blockville, Cake Quake, Solstice, 154, The Gallery, Wipeout, Telepads, Mob Parkour 2.0, The Test, Shunned Keep, Barn Mania, World Two-ur, Mean Greenie, Mesa Canyon, The Face, Mario Parkour, World Tour, The Royal Theft, River Run, Sky Parkour, Doodle Jump, Freezerburn, The Wheel, The Great Race II, Night Light, Elusion, Kave Quest, Fire & Ice Maze, Day And Night, Coil, Detention 2, Sanitarium, Skylands, The Great Race 3, Hel, The Big Egyptian, The Prestige, The Exit, Invictus, Zarklin Ruins, Bugs, Crazy Cane, Canvas, Hell Parkour, CUBE-ERT, Necropolis, Atari, Grid Hopper, Treedom, Pandemonium, Serene, Mob Parkour, Birds of Paradise, 4 Corners Dojo, World Domination, Queen's Nest 2, Emerald of Time, Retrograde, Halls of Contrast, Grave Ominous, and Outpost.
- rebplane is currently the only person ever to have completed the Hexa challenge. She won a special title reward for this, reading "Hexagonal" above her head in orange letters, the rarest possible color.
- The first ever Daily Challenge included an uncompleted map called The Labs (by Zatharel and minty1111) due to a bug. The map has since been abandoned.
- The first weekly only lasted for 24 hours, since the update was launched with only 24 hours remaining.
- The Path of Heroes was impossible for non-ops, since a region excluding all players was added and forgotten about until discovered by TheHexer.
- Recently published maps are only included in the Hexa Challenge when the server restarts.
- Before the 7th anniversary update, typing .ch info hexa or .ch info heroic into the Minr Discord would cause the Minrbot to list all 100+ maps in the challenges. This would almost render the bot inoperable, as Discord limits the rate at which bots can send messages. The addition of pages to challenge information resolved the issue.
- The Hexa Challenge briefly had an entry requirement of 7,000 C-Points, when an exploit that skipped over 150 stages was discovered.