An overview of the room containing the Atari controller, with the start maze above.
|Reward||7 FFA Points|
Atari is a mixed parkour map by pieceofcheese. It rewards 7 FFA Points upon completion, and can be joined with “/c join ata”.
While initially beginning with a maze section, this map is predominantly parkour-based. The first and largest room consists of floating block jumps and ladder jumps on the stick of an Atari controller. It ends with the player jumping into the game slot of the Atari 2600. The following are several rooms based on notable Atari games. The Pac-man room has the player climbing the side of a pixel-art sprite on ladders to reach the next room. The Pong room is a parkour room with floating white blocks. Pitfall is a straightforward and short section with a guess room and only a few jumps over holes before a short ladder-climbing area on the far-end wall. The final section in the game (Mario Bros.) is mostly floating block parkour on glass with the player also jumping on the pink platforms based on the original game.
There are three mazes in Atari, the most notable one being the large maze at the beginning of the map. It is a one-block wide, two-block high corridor based maze with a glass floor to show the large parkour room underneath. The second maze is the beginning of the Pac-man room. While the maze itself is not difficult to navigate, the exit is not in plain sight. The last maze in this map is the Dig Dug room which contains multiple holes that the player can jump in, with one of them leading to the exit. This final maze is also considered a guess section.
This map is entirely indoors and is contained in large rectangular rooms made from colored wool. Along the walls of the first room is Atari-related pixel art and there is a large re-creation of an Atari 2600 in the center with a joystick controller as well. The Atari game themed rooms which follow all have re-created graphics with wool. For example, there is a score-counter on the wall of the Pong room and pitfall has trees on the side of the room. The ending room is different from the rest of the map with stone bricks and lava.
This map is featured in six challenges: The A-Team, -Insert Quarter-, Cheesefest, 2013 Assortment, The Path of Heroes, and Hexa.
- The map is located directly behind the creator Pieceofcheese's old house and has a secret entrance into the maze from the top.
- During one of the Amazing Race events, a branching path was created inside of the Atari 2600 which led to another maze. While it is still there, the maze is unreachable through conventional methods.
- The pixel art used for the Pac-man sprite is not faithful to the version of Pac-man for the Atari 2600, instead it is based on the well-known arcade version.
- Atari was once considered the lower orange difficulty boundary map, meaning it was seen as the easiest 12-point map.
- Since then, the boundary maps have been updated, and Atari has been redesignated as a 7-point map.